Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always look for a wooden worktop that fits you. Find a worktop that will fit in your kitchen and your own taste. Oak is considered by many as a classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in the common farm house kind of kitchen since it can provide a warm feel to the place and it has a notable pattern. There are also some people that would consider choosing American black walnut because it is bold but still beautiful. The American black walnut will give the right contrast to light because it has a rich chocolate tone. In a kitchen where the problem is light, maple should be the choice of many people. Maple is creamy and pale but it has a grain structure that is lovely. The maple has a super smooth finish that every bit of light will be reflected from the surface of the wood.
2. Always invest in a good quality worktops. You should always remember the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”, when you are looking for a wooden worktop since there are a lot out there that would fit the budget of every person that is looking for one. Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. If you properly maintain a wooden worktop that is of high quality, then it should last for a very long time and might even add more value to your property if the time will come that you will decide to sell it.
3. The preparation is important. A wooden worktop needs to have a sealing before a person can use it. Finishing oil or Danish oil are the worktop oil that is the highly suggested treatment. The treatment process on the wooden worktops will create a barrier that is water resistant on them. The treatment process on the wooden worktops is considered to be very important since it will help make your worktops last for a long time that is why you should consider taking the time to properly do the procedure. The wooden worktops will not be durable enough if poor treatment procedure is done.
4. A perfectly fitted wooden worktop. You should always remember that before you fit a wooden worktop, its side should have the right amount of oil and the plastering that might have been done should be completely dry. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. You should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted in order for your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions.
5. Always have a good maintenance on your wooden worktops. You should always consider re-oiling the wooden worktops at least once every six months.